Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Spring is in the air

Today with the sun shining and hints of Spring in the air, I am starting to think about my next project.

Could it be shorts, boxers, or maybe a wine-tasting shirt.  The only restraint is what fabric catches my attention at the thrift store.  As I mentioned before, for a beginner like me, the thrift store is the best place to buy fabric because of the inexpensive price.  Plus, I live in a rural area and there are no fabric stores, only a big-box store that carries some fabric.

I do have some stretch-knit fabric left over from another project.  I also have some gray pinstriped fabric that would make a great dressy type shirt for work or travel.  The McCall's 4079 "three hour shirt" I have in my stash would be perfect for the gray pinstripe.  Think that will be the one.
This one might be a little easier than my first shirt with collar.  That was a McCalls. # 2149.
The 2149 turned out fine I think.  The only thing I adjusted was the starting point of the buttons.  As you can see, my preference is for less opening than the pattern called for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment