Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Vogue 8801 finale

The Vogue 8801 jeans are finished.  They fit fine, but after all the issues with the sizing, I don't think I'll make this pattern again.  If you remember, the size 36 I made turned out to be a size 46.  I wanted a 30" waist, but ended up with a 40" waist on first trial.  I tore the pants completely apart and started over to get my 30" waist.
One other issue is the size of the yoke.  It looks out of proportion.  I am wearing a belt in the pictures simply because it makes the yoke look more in proportion.

My next project is in my mind already. I bought some great fabric and patterns at the thrift store yesterday for half-off.  I also bought a fleece blanket from Walmart I think will work great for one of the patterns.  I ordered some patterns from McCall's during their $1.99 sale.  When they get here, I'll decide what I will do next.
In the interim I'll continue planting some flowers and vegetables in my garden.
By the way, if you want a fabulous steak dinner, try Morton's steakhouse.  It is in some major cities.  My family went to the one in Sacramento Saturday.  We had fun dressing-up.
Joe, Mom, Dad, me

1 comment:

  1. I admire your bravery for even attempting these! I guess the Vogue pattern won't be my choice if I ever get up the courage to make jeans. Looking forward to your next project(s).

    ReplyDelete