Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Mod Shorts Part 2

I traced the pattern for the size 36 shorts, which should give a 30" waist.  I measured the pattern before I cut it out to make sure the size was about right, because the reviews on this Simplicity 1948 pattern have all said they were too big.  Looks like they should fit.
Ready to cut
My eyes kept playing tricks on me when putting the pattern on the fabric.  Those stripes really made things spin.  I can just imagine 40 years ago when fabric like this was common what this sort of fabric would add to someones "trip".

Here is a sample:


I have only made two pairs of pants.  Each with different methods of making the front pockets.  This pattern has yet another way to make the pockets.

Now that I have the facing stitched to the pocket lining, I can start to visualize how these pieces of cloth are going to dorm a pocket.
Pocket lining flat

Left Pocket lining folded to make pocket

It might be me, or the pattern.  But I will mention it.  The tuck line down the front of the shorts would not have been centered if put where the pattern called for.  I adjusted the line to where I though it should be.

Now to start sewing the pocket to the shorts.

Thanks for stopping.

1 comment:

  1. I love the fabric. Can't wait to see how they turn out. I've yet to work up the courage to try pants.

    ReplyDelete